In 1868, Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh II built a garden in the South of Jaipur on 70 acres of land, and named it Ram Niwas Garden. It was designed by a surgeon Major De Faback. The garden has a Museum, a Zoo, a Union ground for children, and a ground for Cricket. The Zoo is about a century old and has several species of exotic birds and animals. It has a famous crocodile breeding farm. The garden also has `Ravindra Manch' for cultural activities. The garden was constructed under a famine relief programme and cost 4 lakh rupees at that time.
The garden has a Museum, a Zoo, a Union grpund for children, and a ground for Cricket.